Tomato, Chive, and Chickpea Pancakes (Vegan)
- 150g of chickpea (also known as besan flour or garbanzo flour)
- 235ml of water
- 85g of zucchini, washed and grated (also known as courgette)
- 1.5 tps of salt
- 32g of fresh chives, washed and finely sliced
- 32g of semi dried tomatoes, drained of their oil and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Put the chickpea flour into a large bowl and add the water. Whisk until the mixture has a smooth batter consistency.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini in a clean, dry tea towel to remove extra water content from it.
- Add the zucchini and the rest of the ingredients to the batter and mix well to combine.
- Gently heat a small non stick pan with enough oil to grease the pan (I used the oil from the semi dried tomato jar).
- Put a well greased pancake ring (optional) in the pan and pour in just under 32 grams of the mixture (Using a measurig cup). Each time you scoop up 32 grams of the mixture make sure you stir the mixture first so that all the fillings are well distributed in the batter.
- Watch your pancakes while they are cooking and when you see bubbles on the surface of the pancakes and also when you touch the sides and they have firmed slightly, gently pull the ring up and place it aside. Then turn the pancake over with an egg flipper. Do this GENTLY. Cook until till browned.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the batter and serve. I served mine with a spicy eggplant pickle, semi dried tomatoes and rocket.